Saturday, August 13, 2011

Re-Introducing Myself For The New Semester of Dance


I wear many hats as do most women I encounter. I am a wife, mother of 3, RN,and belly dance instructor/performer/ choreographer.
I debated whether or not to have 2 seperate blogs, one for dance and one for famliy life but I decided this blog will be primarily dance but in order to honestly represent who I am I will occasionally refer to my family as I feel family experience influences my dance as dance experience influences my family and my mothering.
I started taking belly dance classes after the birth of my daughter in 2006 after attending a belly dance show at the Missouri Theater. There I witnessed many different styles of belly dance and fell in love. Such powerful beautiful women expressing grace and beauty. I was particularly moved by a fusion performance by Kandice Grossman soon after I became a loyal student. (www.moonbelly.ort) I obtained Level 1 in July 2008 with Suhaila Salimpour a second generation belly dancer located in Albany California www.suhailainternational.com I joined the Dragon Flies Moon Belly Dance Company in 2009. I began teaching beginning classes and choreo while continuing my training, performing lead roles in annual Moon Belly productions along with other entertainment opportunities. I obtained my Level 2 certification April 2010 and am currently working on Level 3. See posts for new projects/performances/class opportunities!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment