Friday, April 2, 2010

Day off

OK so here it goes. No pressure. No worries about spelling and grammar or what others will think when they read this. No worries about the "coolness" factor. I'm going to try hard not to feel the need to embellish this to make it more interesting. :)
Today, April second I have the day off. I am still in the clothes that I wore last night. Fell asleep reading "STAR" after working, picking up and taking home my elderly grandparents, rushing over to my aunts to visit my awesome cousins in from CA, grabbing snack foods at Hyvee, at 10 pm picking up my son's friend to stay the night. Today I'm off from my usual 9-5:30 job or daily ground hog day. I am very grateful for my job so please don't think I feel otherwise, It's just a daily grind.
I feel pretty happy today. I have the kids home. My teenager is sleeping downstairs with his friend and Allie and Connor just got out of the bath tub. After wrestling around the floor and realizing they really needed a bath. P.U! I am trying to decide if I should go to garage sales this morning, practice dance for a show we have coming up, take kids to the movies, or wait...it's real nice outside so maybe I should take them to the park? I have a table full of laundry to put up and Allie's room needs cleaned. On the brighter side, the dishes are done, kids are clean :) lawn is mowed. I'm set for this beautiful day.
A long time friend has a 30th birthday party tonight and I would love to go to that. Which I may if I can find a sitter. He never misses our birthday gatherings! I would probably rather stay at home with my sweet babies anyway and when they go to sleep I can practice the multiple dance routines that have to be solid by April 17th!
Life is priorities and constant decision making and time management. Even when contemplating how to spend this day off I have multiple decisions to make and guilt issues always arise. I feel like there are things need to do, things I want to do and they overlap. I want to do the things I need to do ( like be home and chill with the kids) and I need to do things I want to do (like memorizing choreography's and my continuing dance training.)

No comments:

Post a Comment